Ellie has been sewing cloth diapers for several years now. It all began with a call from her friend Jean who shared an idea she had for a cloth diaper sewing program and as they say, the rest is history. Ellie is a former a fashion and craft industry veteran, has been creating and executing public relations, education, and marketing communications programs and providing trend forecasting for employers for more than 30 years. As Public Relations and Education Vice President for the Offray Ribbon Company, a major manufacturer in the craft, floral, gift, and fashion industry, she developed brand image via print and TV media, education, web site development and advertising and trade show design. Prior to Offray, Ellie was Fashion Director for the Wm. E Wrights Co., manufacturer of trimmings for home sewing and apparel. She began her career in the home sewing industry at Simplicity Pattern Company as Associate Fabric Director.
Whether you are an experienced cloth diaper sewer or are new to this wonderful world of diaper sewing, you will find all the information you need to make your first diaper and so many more unique projects with Babyville sewing books. Each full-color book features step by step photography throughout with clear instructions to insure sewing success. Cloth Diapers Made Easy includes a pull-out pattern section for diapers and soakers sized newborn to large. Since Babyville products can be used for so many projects, Baby Essentials Made Easy, 51 PUL Projects, and 51 Babyville Projects will provide you with many more ideas to inspire your sewing creativity.
Jean’s interest and sewing expertise were revived with the birth of her grandson several years ago. As grandma to 2 adorable grandsons and 2 beautiful granddaughters, she looks forward to creating more fun sewing patterns and projects in the near future. For more information and to see additional projects and tutorials, visit Jean’s blog, , or visit her on-line retail store, co-owned with designer Krista Tracy, which carries absorbent fabrics for cloth diaper sewing, and Babyville Boutique diaper sewing supplies .
Free Cloth Diaper Patterns
- Its really simple and quick.
- Awesome free pattern.
- A pdf file with the Ottobre pattern.
- Great step-by-step instructions with pictures.
- Free patterns from Grace of Goodness Gracious.
- Pattern can be used to make covers as well.
- Make your own soakers "just like Grandma used to make!" Practical, economical and a pleasant alternative to plastic covers. Wool soakers draw moisture away . . . help prevent diaper rashes . . . remain dry outside.
- Ideas, patterns and budgeting!
- An earlier version of the soaker pattern sold by Fern and Faerie.
Other Baby and Related Patterns
Cloth Diaper Patterns & Supplies for Purchase
- Custom Made Woven Clothing Labels, Hang Tags and Adhesive labels all at affordable prices!
- Inner & outer diaper fabrics, hemp & soaker fabrics, flannel, diaper fasteners, custom woven labels and MORE!
Wool Soaker Patterns for Purchase
- Free forums, $10 patterns, on-line classes, and more...
Cloth Diaper Sewing Instructions
- Yes, you can sew your own cloth diapers and covers. All you need is a sewing machine and a little creativity.